Building Kit Delivery & Storage
We recommend reading the following information regarding the delivery and storage of your steel kit building.
Upon delivery of your steel building kit the driver must have clear access to the building site. Ideally access to the site must be within 5 to 6 metres of the building pad. This is to ensure minimal double handling of components, which can result in some form of damage, scratching or denting.
Supply of materials – It is your responsibility to be available to take possession of the materials at the time of delivery or collection. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all the materials are correct as per the delivery docket at the time of delivery or collection from Metroll manufacturing site. In the case of site deliveries, where the client cannot or will not be available to take possession of materials Diamond Tough Sheds, Barns & Patios accepts no responsibility for any shortages of materials.
Storing your steel building kit correctly is important to maintain its condition and ensure safety. The following precautions must be taken to ensure your kit is stored correctly:
- The kit and various sections must be laid on a level surface. This ensures components are stable when retaining straps are released.
- Cladding should be placed on gluts or suitable timber dunnage to avoid contact with mud or water. Packs / Piles of cladding have a capillary reaction and will absorb moisture, denigrating the cladding surfaces if stored for a period.
- Do not use steel to support the structural section as this could lead to a work place issues when opening bundles.
- Building kits should be raised and covered to protect components from water and harsh weather conditions.
- Rainwater goods such as gutters and flashings need to be handled carefully as they are subject to damage if handle without care.
- Similarly, any roller or personal access doors need to be handled in the same manner and kept away from the main kit.
- Bolts and screws must be kept in a dry environment to avoid rusting
There are also many safety issues associated with storing your building kit:
- Slipping or rolling packs can cause crushing injuries.
- Sharp edges causing cuts and scratches.
- Venomous creatures will take residence within the kit if it is stored for prolonged periods of time.
To ensure these risks are best managed, stow your building kit correctly and ensure there is a perimeter barrier to avoid injury.
Diamond Tough will provide detailed plans and construction manuals with the kit. Please store these in a safe place for when you need to refer to them in the future.